Friday, November 19, 2010

Claire's Booties



Little Claire has some booties to match her blanket now! Yesterday I started on these cute little crochet booties that I found on Ravelry. (I bought the pattern here. If you go to her shop, look around, there's all kinds of cute things there!) They really came together fast and the pattern was well written. I don't normally follow patterns well because I like to put my spin on things, but yesterday was one of those lazy sort of days when I just wanted to follow a pattern and not have to think about it.


The pattern calls for two soles, one is gray and one is pink. I think the two soles give the bootie a real shoe feel, because it holds it's shape nicely. I may crochet a pink pair too (with a gray sole), and I think I'll try just one sole this time and see how it goes. I don't mind it being softer and more like a bootie, especially in the size 0.


I still haven't started on the Little Silas booties yet because I've been waiting on a knitting book to get here! I thought about making him a pair of these while I wait. :) Pretty cute huh?

I better run! Today is "Paw Paw Day" and we've got to get out the door! I'm taking the blankets along to keep me busy. :) xo, Sam




6 comments:

Julia said...

These are so cute!! I am going to try your blanket. I just went back and looked at the tutorial again. I've been practicing, and I think I can do that pattern. I'm giving them to the Dept. of Children Services where my mom worked as a social worker. I'm making them in her memory since she just died a month ago. They are always needing blankets and things for when they have to go in the middle of the night or whenever to take children out of their meth lab homes, etc.....

Maika said...

Que hermosas zapatillas! Y que bello blog!!! Perdon por escribir en español pero quería comentar que me ha gustado mucho conocer su mundo y sus cositas tan divinas! Dejo un saludito y que tenga un bonito fin de semana (O.O) Maika

Emily said...

They are adorable!!

Renata said...

OH these are just so adorable!!! Well done!

Heather said...

I found your blog through a blogroll of a friend of mine and I love it. I look forward to coming back again and again and I think I am going to be making one of those blankets with all of the homespun yarn I have, my hubby will love it!

Kim said...

Ooh! I have that same slipper pattern in the kid and adult sizes - love it! I'm about to have to make Lydia a larger pair, as she's outgrown her first. And mine, I've completely worn through one sole.