Monday, July 7, 2008

A little boys treasure.

Timothy has a treasure box that he keeps his most prized possessions in. He keeps it hidden in the stair well that leads up to the attic - in boy world that's prime property! I love that he is always collecting little things to keep in his treasure box, but I am always surprised that it's not what most people would think a four year old's treasure would be. Not one "treasure" is something that you could buy at the store, it's bits and pieces of his favorite places. A turtle shell from the castle, "bear" teeth from the cow pasture by the church, a "gold" coin, a rock from Uncle Andrew (he's only 9 yrs old), a "gold" lapel pin, an "Indian rock that goes to a map", and a few other odds and ends. It's a wonderful insight into my little man. I see what really matters to him and the things he wants to remember, every little treasure has a story. So here is our little video of me and my boy talking about his treasure, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww!!! Samantha you bring tears to my eyes!! I'd completely forgotten about my 'little boy's' treasure box!! It was a shoe box and he kept it under his bed and I don't know what ever happened to it but I remember what was in it - some fossils, which I still have, bits and pieces of different trucks and cars he had played to death with, a motorcycle key from one of his uncles - you get the idea. My 'little' boy is now 35, 6'-6" tall and guess what's in his garage - bits and pieces of lots of different motorcycles, cars and trucks, lots of fossils and geodes and rocks that might be geodes and tumblers and machines to play with the rocks. Hmmm - hasn't much changed, has it??? LOL!! Thanks, Samantha! From Sparkle

My name is Alisa said...

this brings joy to my day. you have no idea!

tara said...

What a wonderful imagination (the Indian map blew away, a piece from a Dr...). Oh, I want an accent like yours. And not the Canadian accent in Utah accent.

KarenH said...

What a great video Samantha, a mama treasure for sure!