Skip to main content

The Stuff!

My kids have been waiting for two weeks for their belongings to be shipped from their last foster home. They came with clothes and school supplies, that's all. Today was the day! A huge Fed Ex truck pulled up and a big, tough looking guy came to the door "ma'am I need you to sign, I've got five big boxes for you." As I signed his tablet I yelled "Guys y'all come help! The boxes are here!" Nine kids (some being carried) came swarming out of the house and met him at the door of the truck as he walked back. I could see the look in his eye, I was bracing for a few possible questions (questions NEVER offend me by the way, but I do send up a petition for God to give me gentle answers so that we can be a witness) he looked back and forth at them all confused...about that time he handed out the first box and the kids enthusiastically passed it to the porch assembly line style. He seemed surprised and gave me a confused/questioning glance. I answered his look with a smile and "Their things finally came from their other foster home!" As he passed the next box his face was bright, smiling, and I caught him brushing away a tear. That's the stuff. He saw them before he saw their label, he simply saw happy, excited, playful children, not what the world says you will see. Those precious ones ministered to him today, as they do me everyday. This is the STUFF!!! What life is really about! I am one blessed mama! And Praise God my cup is overflowing!!!!


 

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm sure this man won't soon forget what he witnessed today, so sweet! <3
As long as there is love..............
Unknown said…
Thanks for sharing the joy!
Grammie said…
So glad their things have arrived!!! I am sure that they are thrilled!
Libby Fenn said…
I bet it's so reassuring to them to have their own stuff. What a wonderful day!
Asiyah said…
I love it! My husband and I have been foster parents for a number of years and our kids usually come to us with their belongings in garbage bags. Garbage bags!!! That sends a message that they are of little worth. So glad that you are loving on these children. Nothing you ever do for them is wasted.
Renata said…
I'm wiping away tears as I read this too...
We have finally finished all of our foster care interviews & apparently we will have training, but if they need us they can use us from NOW!
Do your newest boys need to attend school? That is the one thing I am most worried about ~ how will I juggle school & homeschooling? We have a great CART worker & she's happy to push for us to homeschool as much as she can, but it's ultimately not up to her.
Thank you for sharing ~ I am looking forward to hearing more about your precious newest members!
Blessings
Renata:)

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th