Skip to main content

The Babymoon

Oh friends! I survived! She was five weeks old this Wednesday! I would love to paint this beautiful picture of motherhood for you, but it wasn't quite that way. It was real, and hard, and it made me stronger, and it was completely perfect all at once. There were beautiful moments, and I'm so thankful for those, they kept me alive! When my little "Lottie Pop" arrived we were still not in our home. My baby things were in boxes that I couldn't find. Ben was using his time off of work, working constantly to get us back in our house. I was experiencing my worst recovery after any birth so far. Lyric was having a tough time adjusting to sharing her mama with a new baby (which broke my heart). I can't even describe how grateful I felt, only my closest friends and family knew that Lottie's heart was showing signs of distress in the weeks before birth. Ben and I gave it to God, and when my love was born into that room full of waiting professionals, we found that they weren't needed at all!! Her heart was perfect!! And her birth was perfect! I prayed for an easy delivery and that's just what I had. She was the easiest delivery of any of my babies. His grace is such a beautiful thing!!!

Of course my preemie (like all of mine) spent some time on the light bed because of jaundice. Her sisters and brother spent time by her bed waiting for a chance to hold her.

These pictures of them waiting are always some of my favorites. What beautiful little hearts that have!

This guy, my stunt man, broke his foot when Lottie was 6 days old. He is a 10 year old free runner, skateboarder, BMX biker, climber, and he sure can worry his mama!! Even though he was walking on the foot I had a gut feeling that it was broken. Sure enough, it was. The folks at the orthopedic practice now just say when we leave "See ya next time!" Ha! And when we come in they always ask "How many kids do you have this time?" We love them!

This little one started nursing her baby. :)

 

The night before I had Lottie I woke up, excited and feeling like my time was close, made this bonnet and went back to bed. I'm so glad I did! It made me feel good for this little one to be born with something mama made just for her.

That angel!!

 

Lottie had a friend born the same day as her! We managed to snap a picture of them together. They are birthday twins!

When Lottie was 2 weeks old we were able to move back home! It took several days to get things to where we could function here, but it was so good to be home!! We still don't have it all unpacked! Ha! But home feels so good! I was ready for views like this!

And this....


When Lottie was 3-4 weeks old I started to feel normal again! Like my life was settling down some. We started to get a routine and the fog started to lift! Lyric's morning breathing treatments....
The diaper train...
This sweet brother (to soooo many sisters!) made a swing for Claire so that she could "fly" in her fairy suit. Now if that doesn't melt a mama heart!!
I'm seriously one of the most blessed mamas on the planet!!

Yesterday I took the time to take pictures of each baby, because when mama is this busy with 4 babies, 3 years old and under, it's easy to get caught up in the work and forget to stop and really SEE it! It's hard to remember to take pictures too. Just that one thing felt like an accomplishment! My Penny Pie, a 16 month old love bug! She is such a loving little girl!

 

My Lottie Pop! This precious baby is certainly my calm after this little life storm that we've been in. She is such a calm, sweet, patient baby. *love*

My little Lyric Lou Who is now almost 8 months old, and such a happy girl!! Her precious smile can light a whole room! She's such a gift, being her temporary mama has been such a joy!!

This kid!! Oh my Claire Bell! This is a 3 year old ball of sass and attitude with her very own style and personality! Check out those mismatched boots and the side ponytail that she asked for. :)

 

If I were to describe my days right now it would go something like this....there are moments where I feel like I've got this!! Like I should be wearing a cape even! Super mom! And then the next moment (like the moment after I snapped this picture) someone projectile vomits and chaos is in full force on e again, and mama is humbled. I send up petitions for grace from my Father almost constantly! When asked how we do it Ben always answers with a smile "We have just become good managers of chaos!" Yes we have love. It's a beautiful mess.

I'll be back soon! I'm sorry I'm not around as much these days, I do miss it. I've joined the Instagram crowd! My big kids say it's the "thing" these days. :) Hit me up on there! I'm mama_caffee. xo, Sam

 

Comments

Debbie said…
Praise the Lord and Amen!
Mariana said…
You are trully blessed! :)
Unknown said…
You have been blessed some wonderful children. I really like your little girls outfit in the first picture.

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th