Friday, December 7, 2012

Growing...


She's growing so fast! She looks more like a baby and less like an infant every day. 


She has been so awake this week! Much sooner than my little preemies. With all of this growing up going on I felt it was time to make a few more dipes in the next size up (size small). 


In my spare time this week (nap time) I whipped up these four little diapers. I added in some fun cotton prints and I love how they turned out! I'm not fond of the prints they have available in diaper fabric at the fabric shops around here, so I had to get some prints in there somehow.


I even added these back panels to two of the diapers.....


I also tried painting on one with acrylic craft paint! And it worked! It has been washed about 3 times and the paint looks just as good as when I painted it. I have all kinds of ideas for more now!! 

I hate to run, but little Penny is telling me that it's time to nurse. :) xo, Sam

6 comments:

Ashley said...

She is so beautiful!

Next baby we have...I'm paying you to make some diapers for me. Those are so stinkin cute!!!

Melissa said...

adorable... the baby and the diapers=) I really like the one you painted. Did it take a while?

krishna said...

so adorable diapers for such a cutie pie..

Anonymous said...

Sam! I am sooo impressed. How on earth do you manage to do so much sewing & creating when you homeschool four older children and have a newborn??? I work 25hours a week and have two children (age 7 and 12 -both at school!!) I only manage a few lines of crochet an evening. I wish I knew your secret!!!

Katie Jo - East Sussex, South England

mindingmomma said...

so precious, and cute diapies

Elise said...

I am having my first girl next month - I have been wanting to make some cute girly dipes because I have a lot of boyish ones. Do you have a pattern or follow a tutorial... would LOVE to know!