Friday, October 19, 2012

Playing dress up!

I finished the hat and I couldn't resist putting this little outfit together for a picture. The quilt was made for baby Caffee by my sweet neighbor. The light outside today is very yellowish-green and it really sets these colors off and makes them pop. It reminds me of the way everything looks just before a storm.


I still can't believe we are going to have a little person in these duds soon! Maybe I should recruit some help to pack a hospital bag and get the baby clothes washed up? Or get Ben to bring down the cradle and have the kids pack a bag.... Nah, I'll just knit. It will all work out! I found a super cute vest pattern to start on tonight!
The hat is a free pattern from Ravelry, it's very simple, and the only modifications I made was the ribbed brim. You can see my notes HERE. It called for a rolled brim but I wanted baby to get lots of wear out of it. It will be cute in the beginning with the ribbed section folded up. If baby is a girl I will probably add a flower too. Too sweet! Okay, so I've got some more knitting to do, see ya soon! xo, Sam

7 comments:

Debbie said...

:) Your knitting brings a smile to my face.

Elise said...

LOVE IT! I am 25 weeks pregnant and don't know if I can wait to find out what this baby is - I don't know how you do it! I will definitely be trying out the hat pattern. What are some of your favorite yarns and where do you buy them?

Melissa said...

Wow the colors in this are so vibrant. I love the idea of the rolled brim. And the top knot is adorable=)

mindingmomma said...

hat is adorable, i can see it with a big flower attached!

taotao said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather Hadden said...

So cute and inspiring, you did a great job!!! I hope I can learn this sometime soon!

Heather

Jerri Washam said...

I’m sure baby Caffee will fit adorably into it. :D Babies always look best in matching clothes. Plus, I think it would be a cute way to hide the baby’s nappy. It’s stylish without even trying. Good luck, and I’m happy for the blessing. :)