Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Hot Mess!

There was silence for a few minutes while we did school yesterday. It was just a few short minutes while I explained nouns and verbs to a little student. We all know how dangerous toddler silence can be, but we also know how tempting it can be when you need just a second to do something in that quiet space of time. This is what we found when we were done. She had found markers and chocolate! A hot mess from head to toe! When asked who colored on her legs, she blamed everyone in the house but her....mama, dada, sissy, lala, bubba. Silly girl! All I could think was "At least it wasn't my freshly painted walls!" xo, Sam

9 comments:

Cherishing My Days said...

Oh! This is such a regular occurrence here! And yes, toddler silence is at once scary and blissful. So tempting to just think "maybe they're off looking at books...".

Mari said...

hihi - toddler rite of passage! Toddler silence no longer an issue in our house, but my friend learned about it last week when she found her toddler in the kitchen. He'd broken a dozen eggs on the floor and was swimming in a puddle of eggs and broken shells. Epic cleanup.

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Oh my GOODNESS my girls just did this for the first time TODAY! The 5 year old drew all over the 3 year olds face - with a PEN. Good times for sure.

Gotta love it when they get quiet.....!

Neicee said...

Sam this is so funny..It made my day! I hope your feeling well my friend.

Cafe au Mommy said...

We have SO many of those days, I know when it is quiet a quick run through what possibly she could be getting into and if it is worth cleaning up the mess just to get through what we are trying to finish up. Priceless picture!

Emilee K said...

Love quiet toddler moments...my son was oh so quiet one day while I was changing my daugher's diapers...she and I were cooing back and forth when I realized...It was TOO quiet! I put her in her crib and went and found him..he had the biggest white smile on his face in a room full of white dust as he proclaimed "Snow mommy, Snow! He was so proud that he'd made his own snow storm with a large container of baby powder.. never new that stuff was so hard to get up...I couldn't get upset though..he was so thrilled with what he created.

Tonyslady said...

Uhg the last time we had blissful silence we ended up with a trip to the ER and 7 stitches@@

Elisabete said...

So funny! :))

Kayleigh Garner said...

We use some of the same cloth diapers!