Thursday, July 26, 2012

Autumn Leaves Cardigan


All I have left to knit is the body and the sleeve bands! I'm thinking it looks more like a Spring Leaves Cardigan, or Winter Pink, this version doesn't really say autumn at all. I chose the softest pink that I could find it almost doesn't look pink unless it's next to white. I also added a cream colored band to the neckline that is just barely noticeable, but will go really well with the pearl buttons that I plan to use. I can't wait to see this blocked!! (You can find my Ravelry notes HERE.)


This will be a baby gift for a very dear friend who has waited a very long time for a baby. We are actually due a week or so apart which is going to be a lot of fun!

I'm trying to get all of my baby gifts caught up before I have to start my shaky medicine (brethine). I waited too late last time and I didn't get much done. I shake so bad on the brethine that I can't even write my name, much less knit. This time I'm planning ahead a little better. I've already had to start taking the procardia "as needed". Ick! I've also had to be off my feet, but thank goodness I'm not on medicine every 4-6 hours yet. Preterm labor, I'm warning you, I plan to carry this baby to 37 weeks! I want to be able to say just once that I carried a baby FULL TERM! My family is taking very good care of me, Molly is making Granny's Famous Fried Taters for dinner as I type, and everyone is pitching in to keep the place clean. I think I'll keep'em. They ain't half bad, ya know? xo, Sam

6 comments:

Neicee said...

I just love this cardigan have started it many times. Just keep messing up somewhere. So sweet of you to make for a friend.. Take care of yourself.

daydream in colour said...

The cardi is gorgeous and I'm delighted to hear your family are taking good care of you. Enjoy!
xx Susan

Marliese Thomas said...

This is beautiful! After years of sewing (often for children), I am finally attempting to knit, in part because of your gorgeous posts. Best wishes on your growing family!

Melissa said...

Wow you are flying through this project. Didn't you just start?

MrsDG@TalesFromHomemadeHouse said...

The cardigan is beautiful, as is your family...times like that when everyone pulls together and kids get stuck in without complaint gives you such a good feeling, as you know you are doing it right and you can see glimpses of the little adults they are becoming :)

Giana Forzareli said...

I love that cardigan!!! You did an excellent job. This inspires me to start knitting. I've attempted sewing last year, slowly getting better. I tried making girls dresses for my nieces. Lets just say it will take me a long time before I get to where you are. Keep up the great creativity!