Friday, June 15, 2012

the boy blanket




I started the boy blanket a couple of days ago and it's going fast! I realized that the girl blanket wasn't holding my attention, it just seemed like it would take sooooo long, so for this one I chose a fast pattern and chunky yarn. It's Berroco Vintage Chunky, and it is knitting into the softest squishiest fabric! My goal for today is one whole color, I think I can. :) You can see my Ravelry notes HERE. I was thinking that if this little one decides to be a girl I could put a plum colored border around the edge. I love this blanket. :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful! Sometimes the simplest things are the most pleasant. :)

hannahjiejie said...

Beautiful! It inspires me to pull my needles out...

Anonymous said...

I'm knitting along with you. I have been aging some chunky yarn for too long and when I read about your blanket, my fingers itched to cast on. I have a 4 stitch garter border with stockinette insides going now. I'm almost 1/2 finished and love the brainless knit.

How is your blanket moving along?

Cathy S said...

For some reason my post came up signed as anonymous even tho I clicked on the Name/URL button. Just know I am Cathy.