Skip to main content

A few things I've started :)

This is my PILE of works-in-progress right now...I know. Let me explain. I started the little green fairy hat first, but then I decided to change to 16" needles instead of using 2 circulars. I ordered them from THIS nice lady and they are on their way (probably in my box now!). Then I started the brown baby hat so that I could have something going while I wait on those needles.....THEN, I got a chance to visit the yarn shop and I decided that I MUST get started on a new cardigan for Claire so that I can give it to her for her birthday...so there you have it. All of my excuses why I need three projects going all at once. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. :)

Oh, and because I know someone will ask. Yes, that is the Stitch' N "Knit" The Knitter's Handbook in my bag. It was the most helpful book (because of the lack of knitting lingo) I used (and still refer to) as a beginner. Yes, I taped over every single "word" on the covers, and I spent a very long evening covering every "word" inside with a sharpie. Yes, I'm that mom. Moving right along... :)
Just so that I don't seem too bad, I should tell you that I did finish this hat! I wanted Ben to have a new hat to go with his favorite jacket. He likes it because it's not itchy like last years hat. :)
We are at a place in homeschooling, with a new reader and new curriculum, that I need to be available (sitting close by and able to drop what I'm doing) the entire time we do school everyday, so I'm getting a lot more knitting done lately! I also take my knitting with me for our Granny day so I hope to have lots of finished projects coming up soon! xo, Sam

PS. Thank you guys SO MUCH for all of the comments, emails, and information about Granny! I feel like we have a few leads, and that gives me HOPE! You guys are AMAZING and I love you all. xo

Comments

Megan said…
Having multiple WIP's just means you are becoming a more experienced knitter. I have 7 projects going right now! People keep asking me for something so then something else gets pushed to the bottom of the bag. So excited to see your projects and I would do the same thing with the book. One reason I have never even looked at it. Now that I have seen what you did I may give it a chance. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th