Skip to main content

Cabin Fever

Hey friends! I've got a huge case of cabin fever right now! Claire has been sick since Thursday. Friday night she took a major turn for the worst and Saturday morning they had to put her on an antibiotic for a respiratory infection. Sooo stressful and scary! She had to be held almost constantly, even when she took naps. She is feeling better now, thank goodness, and we are a little more rested today. We have been without internet for days (and at times even the phone has been out). My computer is getting enough signal now to get on, but not enough to upload a picture, I hope this will post! On top of it all my husband is pulling double shifts at work to get some extra time for vacation. I may be going crazy people! How weird is it that one or two things can be disrupted in your life (sleep, health, connection to the outside world, your husband's moral support) and it can knock off your equilibrium? It's not like there has been a family tragedy! But that's how it feels when you are living it, doesn't it? I need to remember this feeling when one of the kids (or my friends) are having a breakdown about something simple, it may seem simple to me, but it feels like tragedy to them. Thank you for this lesson Lord! Now can I please have my normal back? Please? :) I miss you guys! xo, Sam

Comments

Rebecca said…
Yes, I've been there :( HUGS to you!
Kimmie said…
Hoping your wee one is feeling better now ...hope the rest of the stuff starts falling back into its proper place.

I seriously don't know how Ma Ingals managed...especially the times early on when there was NO ONE else around for miles and miles.

I enjoy reading your blog and watching your creativity.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted
BonnieN said…
Oh Sam, this too shall pass. Hate to hear Clair is sick,poor little sweetheart. Hope no one else in the family gets it..that was the usual thing in our family..can you call on your family for a little time out? Even a ride to town would help! Couple of new fat quarters for a new lipstick does it for me! I agree,Ma Ingalls had a hard life when you think of it. My favorite show of all time..but,they were happy.
Renata said…
Hi Sam
We too were without internet for a week & by the end I felt like I was going crazy. It's amazing how much it makes you feel connected with the outside world.
Hope Clare is feeling better
Blessings
Renata:)

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th