Skip to main content

Where did the week go?


Has it really been a week since I've checked in here? Wow! I just pulled our weeks pictures off of my phone, so let me fill you in. My Maddie learned to crochet, and she is now making mile long chains into bracelets, necklaces, headbands, and belts. :)



I cast on this headband that I have been wanting to try for a while. I call it my buttonhole headband. If anyone is interested in the pattern I could jot it down for ya.


We let Claire play in mashed taters for the first time...


She really really liked it!!

We had a lock-in at the church where we got no sleep and had a rockin' shaving cream fight the next morning...

...it got messier and messier as it went on...

...see what I mean. There were no children harmed in the making of this lock-in -Thank God in Heaven! We all survived, but just barely for the adults present.


This is the after-lock-in-crash.....

(No worries, daddy was right there)

..that took down the whole family...

...not one was left standing...


....even daddy, he just happened to wake-up first, that's how it was documented. :)

Tonight I was doing a little practice design for our homeschool henna-art lesson coming up. I bought a kid-safe kit that we will be using this week, I can't wait! I've never done henna before, but I have always wanted to! I'll let you know how it goes. xo, Sam

PS. Claire and I were honored to be on The Old Fashioned Baby Blog, Jeannie let Claire model her beautiful bonnet at market! We love her. :)

Comments

Laurie said…
What fun to have at church!

I saw Clair on Jeannie's site. Such a pretty girl in a gorgeous bonnet.
andreak said…
Cheap shaving cream has a wide variety of uses. Looks like they had fun. Maddie looks so sweet crocheting on the porch. Claire is adorable in that bonnet and I would love the pattern for the headband. Y'all have a great week.
Robin Hart said…
I saw you and Claire on Jeannie's blog. I am sure that was a fun time.
So a shaving cream fight is what I have been missing in order to get my four littles to all sleep soundly at the exact same time???....to the top of the to-do list you go!! :)
PepperToast said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
PepperToast said…
Lets try again, this time with no spelling errors!

I don't know if I have ever commented on your blog, but I read it with great delight (and sometimes heart ache) all the time.

In regards to this post, it is truly hard to imagine that you could be any more blessed than you are? What a lovely lovely family you have.
what kate wore said…
There is nothing in this world which brings tears then watching small children sleeping ! your pictures remind me of those lovely days when i used to spend with my nephew (he is no more child by the way)!
Sharpie girl said…
That was the best lock in and a great finish

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

The Family Closet

It's another gray day so the pictures aren't great, but I wanted to get these posted since I have a few minutes. The family closet has changed my life people!! It has taken my most overwhelming chore from crazy to totally doable. We had to start in the laundry room because that is were most of this process starts. These storage racks went on sale for 69$ right after Christmas and we got 3. We also got several of the $3.50 Steralite clothes baskets because they fit side by side perfectly. In the laundry room I now have baskets labeled (Whites, Towels, Darks, Reds & Purples -we have a lot of those!) to separate clothes into, baskets marked "Clean" for clean clothes, a place for storage (extra dish cloths, table cloths, socks that need a mate). The laundry room is much less intimidating now, I actually like going in there! I also now have room for my drying rack in here! I painted a huge henna design on the wall to pretty it up a bit. :) The Caffee sign