Friday, September 2, 2011

Gypsy Skirt Sewing Recipe

Over the years since I have been making my own "Gypsy" or hippie skirts, I have had so many mamas ask for the pattern. The problem was the size of the pattern pieces! Then I got the idea for a "Sewing Recipe".  It's the kind of pattern that doesn't come with actual pieces but come with a formula/recipe (illustrations and instructions included) that you could use for any age, baby or mamas. There are no curves to fuss with, just straight lines.
 

(Tim and I in the fort they built showing off our Temporaries.)

This is the kind of skirt that you can just live in! I've hiked, camped, rode bikes, wiped noses, went to church, and had great adventures in my gypsy skirts. I always like to wear aprons over these skirts when I cook, because they look so cute under them!


Today I made my little Madeline one, but she is away for the night so she couldn't model for me. Maybe tomorrow. The pattern isn't quite finished yet, but it shouldn't be long. So what do you think? Any comments before I finish the pattern up? xo, Sam

16 comments:

Beach Mama said...

Love it! Looks like something I could make use of. I love that style of skirt!

Simply Beautiful Sundays said...

I am so excited! Can't wait to make a couple for myself!

Patricia Webb said...

I could do this tomorrow. My granddaughter wears a size 5

mandi said...

Oh! That is one cute skirt!

Jennifer said...

That's awesome! I prefer "recipes" to actual patterns myself.

Cajunrose said...

Oh the possibilities. You must finish that pattern, and quick!!!

Eileen said...

Boy have you been busy lately!! How am I going to find time to make all of these cute things?

Jessica said...

Love the pattern. I enjoy wearing flowing skirts, and even more, those with a little bit of shape to them. Looking forward to the pattern and "recipe!" Thanks!

Heather said...

Positively adorable!! Can't wait!

Attilio said...

it looks like it turns out to be a very flattering fit too...looking forward to this. thanks sam.
becky
bpbajona at maltanet dot net

OurGangof7 said...

I definitely want to try this!

MrsDG@TalesFromHomemadeHouse said...

We have a full house, two girls, two boys so a recipe pattern is perfect, one pattern but both girls (being a number of years apart)benefit from a new skirt! Sounds great to me! It's so difficult finding nice patterns that cover both their sizes (same with my two boys who are also a number of years apart!)...and if i get a skirt out of it too...!!!!!! :D

K-Sue said...

This skirt looks so pretty and comfortable. I look forward to seeing the recipe.

Stephanie said...

Its cute. Is it a wrap or elastic waist, or something else? I think I'd be interested in that one I love a comfy skirt.

what kate wore said...

The combination of those two colors on the dress is simply superb... you are showing some professionalism in your design ! Keep going

~Robin said...

Looking forward to the recipe!