Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lets add lace...


I did a couple of things different here...First I took the smocking all the way across the front...


....and then I added a dainty cotton lace edging. 


Very heirloom, no? Start to finish, even with the extra smocking, it took me just over an hour!

To answer some questions, yes, the diaper cover will be included in the pattern. But it will just be a diaper cover not long bloomers. I drafted these to be all one piece with the fold being in the crotch, SO FAST! This little pattern will be very easy to dress up or down, I'm lovin' it! I better get back to work now, Ben is home today to play with Claire. Any more questions or suggestions? xo, Sam

7 comments:

KarenH said...

I love this version too!
White on pink is always pretty and I really like the smocking going all the way across the front.

Please don't ask to choose a favorite, they are all home runs in my opinion. :)

Stephanie said...

They are all very cute. I've been meaning to try American smocking for a while now.

BonnieN said...

Love this version too! Adorable, can it really be that fast?? You do beautiful work! I understand about the bottoms, can another version be with long pants and sleeves, too cute not to take all the way in size ranges.Just adore the smocking.

Vicky said...

Adorable. I would love to make but would be so scared that I wouldn't do it justice. x

Terri said...

Sam.. I Love this!!!

kikipos said...

Oh! Beautiful!

Paige said...

So pretty. I love looking at the great things people are making. I'm your newest follower.

www.ribbonsandricrac.blogspot.com