Monday, August 29, 2011

Pondering


We have been spending the mornings and evenings outside for the last few days because it has been much cooler! A breezy 90 degrees. I know that still sounds hot to most people, but here in the south 90 degrees with a breeze is sweet relief! I am so ready for fall (our fall starts in October or November with high 70's and low 80's). So while I was enjoying my morning on the porch I did some thinking. I've got a little idea brewing...How do you guys feel about "Sewing Recipes"?  The kind of patterns that don't come with actual pieces but come with a formula/recipe (illustrations and instructions included) that you could use for any age, baby or mama...let me know what you think. ~xo, Sam

13 comments:

Brenda L said...

As long as there aren't any weird curves I'd have to figure out (an armsycle comes to mind), I like them. Some patterns, like aprons or pinafores would be easy enough to do by following a "recipe". I don't think I'd be able to do anything with sleeves without a pattern piece, though.

kris said...

i love that idea, especially since my daughter doesn't seem to fit into any standard sizes so i end up tweaking patterns anyway to fit her!

Sandy Leigh said...

What a fresh idea! Love it! Giving it that name makes it sound so much easier, and the actual idea of it reminds me of these sewing notebooks I bought, many years ago, that basically gave me the "formula" of how to sew simple things, and one of the things I made over and over was a little girl's jumper. Easy and cute, just from their instructions. So I say go for it!

BonnieN said...

LOVE the idea,bring it on! I am so interested!

jellaan said...

Love this idea!!

cre8tivecrys said...

I would certainly be interested in giving it a go. Let's see what you got!

herlittlefeet said...

Yes! How fun!

andreak said...

Neat. Sounds really fun.

robbie kitchokoff-jones said...

sounds delish!

Bonnie said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to be very creative.

Posie Patchwork said...

Hi Samantha, i just posted about you on my blog, for Blog Day as a blog i recommend!! Love Posie
http://posiepatchworkblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-blog-day-yes-really-there.html

polkadotpeticoat said...

I just found you through Posie and she is so right your blog is lovely as is all those sweet dresses you create and that gold cardi.....I want one! I am so glad to have found you!

Stella said...

Love the idea, but I love her little painted toes even more. Every time you post a pic with them peeking in it makes me smile.