Skip to main content

Adjustments

It has been over a week since I have posted here on the old abandoned blog, I miss you guys! As you can imagine, this last week has been FULL of adjustments for our family. On my end I've been trying to get adjusted to total bed rest and my new medicines. The first week on the brethine is always the worst as far as side effects go, so it should begin to get better from here on out. I've mainly just been really shaky (Ben says that he's going to put me in charge of the jiffy pop! Silly boy), it's been really hard to concentrate (which is why I haven't been able to even throw together a blog post, believe me, I tried, it wasn't pretty), and I only manage to get about four hours of sleep a night. I may be going a little crazy with nothing to work on, but I'm determined to try to crochet soon and maybe since my hands know the motions so well (after 15 years!) it will work out. This not crafting stuff is for the birds! I NEED some handmade therapy! :)

Baby and I are doing well, but my doctor doesn't think we will make it past 36 weeks. We went for another visit on Tuesday. Things seem to be moving more quickly since it all started this time...maybe it's my age or how many babies I've had, I don't know. I just keep praying for a strong healthy baby that gets to come home with mama and daddy! I don't worry so much about girls because both of my girls got to come home with us, but boys....oh those lazy white boys, Tim's little lungs just were not ready. He had to stay for 10 days in the NICU, we got to have him home for a week, and then he went back to the hospital with RSV and stayed another week. If this baby is a boy I sure hope he's ready!

My sweet family has had more adjustments than me. They went from having a part time mama to being full time mama caretakers, everyone has taken on more work and responsibilities. They have all made me so proud! The kids have taken on more chores, and they take shifts "babysitting mama". What they call "babysitting mama" is getting all of my drinks, snacks or meals, snickling (snuggling) up to me (you know how I hate to sit, sleep, or even be by myself), occasionally playing with my hair (LOVE), and getting anything else that a bed bound mama may need. They are such sweet babies! Ben, oh poor Ben, he is working full time outside the home and inside the home. He has cooked, cleaned, done laundry, done a little "nesting" for me, and just been the best Mr. Mom ever! My family has really been wonderful and I am so grateful!

This pregnancy has been different for us. It's been such a shocker from the beginning, and to be honest I still don't think it has quite hit us yet that there will be a baby here in just a few weeks! My children have learned a lot, because with Molly only being three when we brought Maddie home, they don't have any memories of mama pregnant (or what all is involved in that!). I think that we have all learned to appreciate each other a little more, I sooo appreciate them all stepping up and taking care of things while I can't, and they are learning to appreciate mama for all of those jobs that usually get done without notice. Overall there have been a lot of changes around here in the last week or so, and a lot of adjustments have been made, and I have to say that I feel like the most BLESSED mama in the world right now! I have a wonderful supportive family, a sweet baby on the way, adoption paperwork seems to be moving right along at the moment, and God has taken care of everything! Life is crazy, but good. :)

I'll be back soon with pictures from my nest. I've decided to try to document more of this process in the next few weeks. Wanna come along?  xo,Sam

Comments

Jeannie B. said…
Hang in there Sam. You are one lucky girl to have your children and husband to be taking care of you!!
Julia said…
What a blessing it is to have such a wonderful family! It speaks volumes about how much your children love you that they have taken on responsibility like this. I am praying that all will be well with you and your precious baby.
Kathryn said…
Wow! What a wonderful family you have to take care of you like that! Praying for you here that the little one stays put until his/her lungs are good and ready.

As an aside, maybe for every day your little one stays in there, mine could come a day early - would be a win/win for both of us and maybe some friendly competition would do them good :-)
So glad to get a post from you. I've been worried. :) Wish I lived closer and could bring you a meal or two! Take good care of yourself and that baby.
Jean said…
Thanks for an update! Keeping you in my thoughts...
liona said…
that's great idea..nice blog
Rachel said…
I've been following your blog for awhile but I'm not sure if I've ever commented.

I pray the baby boy waits until closer to his due date so he can be healthy and strong. I hope you feel better too.

Rachel
andreak said…
You have sweet kids and an even sweeter husband. It is amazing what God shows us through trials. He is giving you a wonderful picture of love and grace and mercy! Praying that the baby will be healthy and praising God because His time table is always perfect!
Heather G said…
I've missed your posts but I'm glad to hear that you and baby are well! You are blessed to have such a sweet, caring family to take care of you. Rest up and if you feel like it keep us all posted!
Goosegirl said…
I am praying for you all Sam. Normally I can't wait to see photos of yummy babies, but I am praying yours stays in the oven until the healthiest time to be born. Your family is so sweet and loving in their care for you. They learned it from how you care for them. Just rest and enjoy this time because you will have your new little bundle soon. I pray health and joy for you all.ny67
Unknown said…
What a sweet and caring family you have. I will pray that your baby grows healthy and is ready when it is time. Stay strong.

God Bless!
Brittany said…
You have the sweetest family! I'm so glad they are taking care of you and the little one. I hope she or he is strong when the birthday arrives! I'm also glad to hear that the adoption paperwork is moving along! YAY!!! So much to be greatful for!
Emma Anne said…
Praying that baby waits a little longer. You have such a wonderful family. I'm so glad they're taking care of you!
Shonni said…
Hi, I am brand new to your blog and your dress designs. I LOVE you designs! I have been on the search for dress designs that are modest and beautiful for my daughter.
We are a blessed family of 11 children, 8 home through the miracle of adoption. We are waiting for two more blessings to come home from China some time this year.
I started sewing again because I just can’t find cute, quality dresses for my girls that don’t cost a fortune.
I wanted to ask you if you know where I could find dress designs for older girls (13-18) that are modest and as cute as yours!!! Or, can I beg you to create some for older girls!!!
It’s nice to “meet” you and thank you for your inspiration!
Shonni
shassoldt@msn.com

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th