Skip to main content

The Proverbs 31 Woman Diorama


In our Wednesday night Keepers At Home Class we are trying to help the girls memorize Proverbs 31, so we have a lot of projects lined up to help with that. One of the projects (my favorite) was the making of a Proverbs 31 themed diorama!! Oh my goodness Molly and I had so much fun building this little "doll house"!


In ours we used only things that we already had here at home (that was one of the rules) and tried to include as many aspects of the Proverbs 31 woman as we could. In class last night the girls got to look at each other's dioramas and guess the verses that they used in each detail. We had a really good time seeing every one's creativity and the girls really are coming right along with remembering what they have learned.


I thought of describing every detail for you, but then I didn't want to take any of the fun out of it. Even I had a good time guessing about the other's dioramas! So have a look around our little house and see if it reminds you of anything! Oh, and if you don't already have a Keepers at Home class for your girls to attend, start one! You will not regret it!

I'll be back soon with lots of sewing! I haven't started on my market sewing yet. Bad girl. But I've decided to get my house good and clean today so that I can start on that tomorrow as soon as the kids leave for Paw Paw Day. Ben is taking them tomorrow so I will have the day to myself! Just me and Grace (Livingston Hill audio of course) sewing away in the loft....*heaven*  xo, Sam

Comments

April said…
OHmygoodness - I LOVE this!
LadySnow said…
That is so neat! I love it. :-)
Mama Lusco said…
What a precious project! I haven't heard of Keepers at Home...I'll have to look it up. I pray to become more of a Prov. 31 woman :)
Dawn said…
I was so anxious to see you little diorama and it's even cuter than I imagined! I absolutely love it!!!
Anonymous said…
Oooh, I could bring my machine and we could sew to our hearts' content. By the way, I am coming to see my family for Labor Day weekend. Any chance I could see you or are you too busy? :)

I'll have the kids!

ladydarling at yahoo dot com
Elizabeth said…
I love the diorama! Perfect details for the Proverbs 31 woman. I, also, have not heard of Keepers at Home. On my way next to look it up. :) Thanks!
Goosegirl said…
Oh fun!! I see your Proverbs 31 "woman" working wool and flax with her hands.
I see that she has "clothed them in scarlet" which I love.
Very pretty! I love it all.
Laurie said…
OMWord! That is ADORABLE!!! What a neat project and what fun!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Claudia said…
Awesome awesome awesome!I think nobody can be brief as like your post!Thank you for bringing a well thought out and reasoned comment to the discussion.

limuzyna wynajem
Molly said…
Oh my, this is absolutely adorable! Love it! What a great activity to not only help memorize the verses, but to see how they are put into practice, as well!

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th