Skip to main content

An outfit for Maddie, and some randomness....



Maddie has been wanting a skirt and top "like Sissy's Easter dress" for a while now. Every time she came up into the loft she would ask if it was done yet....don't you just love a nag? So a couple of weeks ago I promised her that by Sunday morning she would have her very own Easter dress.


I made the top out of the Olivia Paige pattern (the skirt is the Miss Claire), but I was being a little lazy. I skipped the tucks on the front bodice (I just used the lining pattern piece for the main bodice and the lining), I sewed the cross over back together and just made one back skirt (think fake wrap dress), and then I added a sash. It went together so fast! And the princess approves because she says she feels five in it. Five? Really? What's so cool about five? Why can't she want to be three? Sheesh! The fabric is Hunky Dory by Moda.


A few random bits...

First off, an adoption update, we are waiting on paperwork (we have done everything we can up until now) and our next step will be to send over our Dossier! I don't talk about it much here or in real life because when I do I start thinking about things like....how many years will they have to be in an orphanage before I get them, I wonder if they're hungry, I hope they have a kind caretaker....but what if they don't?! You see what I mean. I'm trying to save all of my emotions for when I have a PICTURE and I know who they are!!!! I think part of this way of dealing comes from what we have lived through in the last few years. I find that I have a hard time getting excited about anything until it happens....sometimes I feel bad about that, but I guess we all have our own defense mechanisms, right? I do think about what it will be like when my babies get home a lot. I think about how nice it's going to be to go to bed at night with everyone asleep and safe under the same roof....that's going to feel heavenly.


Now I wanted to explain a few things...I have went through my archives and pulled a few posts. I didn't think that anyone would notice, but a few people did. The only reason that I did this was that I felt that some older posts may have had a little too much information about where we live. We have never had any trouble with that sort of thing, but we want to be as safe as possible. I know that I'm not the only mama who worries about that kind of thing, so I knew that y'all would understand!


One more thing! Lately I've been getting a lot of email asking "How do you get it all done?" HA! That's easy, I don't! Hunny if I have given the impression that my children always have clean socks in their drawers, I'm sorry! LOL! They don't. In fact I find myself overjoyed when sandal season hits because that's one less thing I have to worry about. One of my favorite cousins, Amy, told me one time "Girl, I'm just trying to keep the laundry under the widows so the neighbors don't see!" I love her. I do have to say that my house stays pretty clean because I can't think in a dirty house, but my kids help A LOT. I tell them "Guys we can do whatever you want today, but the house has to be clean first." and that's all it takes. We work together, get it done, and then do whatever we want. Each child has a "station" that has to be cleaned and maintained throughout the day. Molly has the kitchen, she unloads the dishwasher, cleans off the counters and table, and sweeps. Tim has the living room, he cleans up toys, shoes, blankets, and cups. Maddie has the bathrooms and the shoe closet, she takes the dirty clothes to the laundry room, and straightens up the shoes. Then we all fold and put away laundry together. When I get a load out of the dryer I just plop it onto the couch and we all spend a minute or so folding and then we put it away. Another way that I get my sewing time in is by staying up late! Molly and I LOVE to stay up late! Molly will fix a pot of coffee, we will put on an audio book, shut the door to the loft, and I will sew while she draws or works on her own project. We can't do this every night, because we do need sleep sometime, but we usually get to stay up at least one night a week.

Tonight I'm headed to my sister's house for some girl time :) I'll be back soon, probably two pounds heavier from chocolate and pizza.....no big thang, we'll just have to go climbing again to burn it back off! xo, Sam

Comments

Debbie said…
Sam, I love the new outfit for Maddie, beautiful. I'm praying for your children in Romania. A a fun evening with your sis....wish I had one...
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicky said…
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with sockless children! Actually socks I can just about manage... its all the other clothes!
Herve Leger said…
Are you always vexed herve leger about wearing what kind of dress at a banquet?
Herve Leger bandage dress online store eliminates your worries.
Ladies who is beautiful and noble may choose Herve Leger bandage
dress. The dress highlights Herve Leger Clothing your perfect feminine body curve.
If you wear this dress, it will send out your inherent glamour.
It is specially designed for you and meets your noble taste.
Wherever you go, you will be the Herve Leger dresses focus. If you haven't a suitable
dress to attend a banquet and want to buy one now, Herve Leger bandage
dress online store is your best choice.
Anonymous said…
Are you always vexed herve leger about wearing what kind of dress at a banquet?
Herve Leger bandage dress online store eliminates your worries.
Ladies who is beautiful and noble may choose Herve Leger bandage
dress. The dress highlights Herve Leger Clothing your perfect feminine body curve.
If you wear this dress, it will send out your inherent glamour.
It is specially designed for you and meets your noble taste.
Wherever you go, you will be the Herve Leger dresses focus. If you haven't a suitable
dress to attend a banquet and want to buy one now, Herve Leger bandage
dress online store is your best choice.

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th