Skip to main content

Easter 2010


Now is that a cute bunch of kids or what? Easter was beautiful and warm and just lovely all the way around, even though the kids weren't too interested in having their pictures made. We went to our same old spot across from the church (I love this fence!) and snapped a few pictures before heading off to eat lunch with family.


It was such a nice day! We were able to eat lunch outside with friends and family while the kids played and had an Easter egg hunt, really, it was wonderful. Friends, family, warm weather, fried chicken, and chocolate all in one day.....perfection.


Now for the dresses! This is not only Molly's Easter top, but it's also View B for the Miss Olivia Paige pattern. I used blue imperial batiste (so perfect for this pattern) and a Liberty of London scarf from Target that I cut to pieces. I really love the way this came out. I'm tellin ya, those Liberty of London prints are to die for. The colors are so pretty!


Here is a shot of the wrap style back. I really like this option for the older girls, a top instead of a dress; a tie instead of a bow. What do you think? Then there is the double layer skirt. I used the edge of the scarf as the hem for the top layer. Molly reminded me of a fairy in this outfit! I'll tell you more about that skirt later ;)


The pleats look so sweet in batiste, I love batiste for Spring and Summer. Really, does it get any sweeter?


Maddie's dress was Imperial batiste in pink with the bows done in the Liberty of London. This fabric usually costs around $38 a yard, the scarf only cost $14 and I still have enough to make Maddie a skirt! Did I mention that they had the shoes to match? Oh yes. They had them in Molly's size for $9. Love it!


I also made little flowers out of the Liberty scarf for their sweaters, which may have been a tad over-the-top, but who cares? Easter only comes once a year. We can handle it for one day.


I was so happy with the way it all came together. I was worried for a while there that I wouldn't be able to find a way to get those Liberty prints into my Easter sewing without spending a small fortune! I like a good challenge as good as the next gal though, so I worked it out. So what do you think of View B of Miss Olivia Paige?

Comments

kathleen said…
beautiful! so so pretty!
Goosegirl said…
Love it!! I think the double layer skirt and the little fringies are so sweet! But my favorite things are the cross back and the tucks.
LadySnow said…
I am loving it all!
Anonymous said…
Love them! They are so pretty!
~cjoy said…
target totally needs to carry a line called "the handmade dress" by samantha caffee....just sayin'
Julia said…
Such beautiful fashionistas these girls are in their Easter finery!!!
Beach Mama said…
Oooh La La! I love the double layer skirt and the tiny tassles!!!! Anything with asian-style cross-over ghets my attention!
Stephanie said…
Those look great. Can't wait till the pattern is up in the shop.
Myra said…
Beautiful, I think the scarf made for a pretty contrast.
Debbie said…
Beautiful...girls and dresses. I really like how you used the Liberty of London scarf...hmmmm has me thinking....
Ellie Inspired said…
So pretty! I love the colors and the tucks on the bodice. I can't believe you got so much out of a scarf, too!!
Ellie Inspired said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said…
What a good-looking bunch! Love the pleats on the dress too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th