Saturday, April 17, 2010

Adoption Yard Sale!

I know that most of you live hundreds of miles away, but for those of you who don't, we are having a yard sale to raise money for the adoption and we want you to come! It's going to be at our church in McCalla, Alabama on Friday, April 30th and Saturday, May 1st. It should be pretty huge because we have had a lot of people donating! If you would like to help, donate, or shop give us a call (205-433-9040) or email me at mamacaffee@hotmail.com.

I'm thinking of having an Etsy "virtual yard sale" in June for the adoption too. A lot of people have offered to donate handmade items to sell and I could list them all and open the shop on a certain day. You think that could work? I think it might do well if we spread the word in blogland. I could even make us a little sidebar button. It's definitely a new concept. What do you think?

10 comments:

Myra said...

It works for the charitable giving like for Haiti. Worth a shot!

natalie @ our old southern house said...

i would definitely donate some handmade things to your online yard sale. your story touches me deeply and i want to help any way i can.

CT said...

I think it would be an awesome idea, the Etsy sale! count me in with a pair of gloves!

Eric & Karen said...

I'd donate for Etsy also. I think it's a great idea to have people post it on their blog too....I just don't have a blog.

SHEILA said...

Hey Samantha,
I haven't commented in a while, but I try to stay caught up in your blog.
Count me in also for a donation for an Etsy sale.
My blog is very small, but I'd post it there too!
Love ya

Goosegirl said...

Hi Sam. I will donate too. I am thrilled to help bring those babies home to you!

Kim said...

Count me in for the Etsy 'yard sale!'

Ellie Inspired said...

Hi Sam! Great idea for both yard sales! I would love to help you and will donate something for your virtual yard sale.
Laura

Dawn said...

You know you can count on me too!

Hugs~
Dawn

The Youngbloods said...

I live in Birmingham and will post this on my blog!
I love your patterns! They are adorable!