Skip to main content

In The Loft Today



You see those big rolls of paper right there on top of my drafting table? That's Miss Mary! As of this morning (Ben made a run to Kinko's while I slept in) the Miss Mary pattern sheet is in print. My master copy is ready, and there is a possibility that we will be heading off to the printer sometime next week!

You know, I'm always amazed when I see that first master copy, at how it looks like no big thang, but in the back of my mind I know how many hours it took to make them...oh it's such a relief to to have them DONE! There is still a lot of work to do but this definitely takes some of the pressure off!

(By the way- just ignore the empty Diet Sunkist bottle under the desk, it's all good!)


While we are here in the loft I wanted to show you this awesome drafting table my hubby got me a few months ago! Isn't it awesome?! He saw it at the thrift store and thought it would be perfect since it can be used on top of a table (we don't have a ton of extra space in the loft these days). He brought it home and decided that he could make the top of it into a light box, which is what I was used to drafting on, and he did! I used it first on the Miss Alice pattern and it really made the job easier. It also has a good bit of space for large drafts to lay flat inside- that's wonderful since my kids have this thing for crumpling large flat pieces of paper. When it's not in use it can be stored in the attic right outside of the loft. He rocks! Just sayin...

Comments

Unknown said…
Truly charming. I wish they are in adult sizes. I would actually wear on out in my garden.
Anonymous said…
I love your new table Samantha, and am very excited to see Miss Alice coming to life! :)
Dawn said…
Sam... Looks like we are doing the same thing this weekend. I just finished the test pattern for "Natalie" and I am almost ready to send it out to testers ...whoo hoo! Now, I have a new idea I need to start working on. BTW...Great Job Ben!!!
Kathryn said…
Such a sweet workspace. I'm just glad to have graduated from the kitchen table to a folding table upstairs! I love your patterns - now I just need to put in an order with God for a little girl! I have two beautiful boys, nearly four nephews (the fourth comes in April), and a cousin who just had a boy. Eventually someone has to get a girl, right?! Keep the great patterns coming, and maybe you'll get a giant order from me someday!
Emily said…
Wow! What a great table! I might have to email this post to my boyfriend. I do all my cutting and pinning on the floor or an ironing board. It's about time for a little extra space!

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th