Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Her beautiful heart...

I just had the sweetest conversation with my Molly tonight. She was reading the Bible to me and then she stopped, looked up at me, and said "Mama...when I read the Bible it always makes me feel like I'm about to cry....like my heart beats faster and my chest fills up with air ...and my eyes get tears in them and my throat feels funny...Do you ever feel like that mama?" I answered feeling the same way she had just described feeling, my heart just swelling with love "The Bible does that to mama too...But it's a good feeling isn't it?" She answered "Yes, it feels really good."

She was teaching me...How many times do I rush through reading my Bible because I have a busy day ahead and I don't give my heart time to really absorb what I'm reading...or give God the chance to move my heart to tears? How many of us can learn from this little girl? She really does have the most beautiful little heart....

Mathew 19:15 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

11 comments:

Goosegirl said...

That was beautiful. Too often, I rush through and do not allow myself the time or space to feel that love when I read. It is often something I do just to get to the other things I have to do. I need to take the time to love my Bible reading.
Give Miss Molly a hug from me. She doesn't know me but she made me grow tonight.

seemommysew said...

That is so precious! My oldest son just bought a Bible with his Christmas money, which already did my heart good. But after he got it, he was reading it and kept saying with surprise in his voice, "Mommy, I LIKE reading the Bible." Made me so happy!

Debbie said...

Beautiful!

Amanda said...

That is awesome!

Dee said...

I tell myself and my family that when that happens, hope is alive and well and living in our hearts. The Comforter tugging at our soul through our emotions to remind us we belong to Him!

Thanks for sharing this and may we all feel the tug!

ShirleyC said...

How sweet! I do believe God is talking to her through His word.

Cherishing My Days said...

Awesome!

Purple Cow said...

I learn from my daughters too. Thanks for sharing this.

Dawn said...

precious post...

Laura said...

Oh Samantha, that is so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes. I definitely think I learned how to love God more after I had children.

D-lyn said...

How sweet, the Spirit testifying to your little girl and you both feeling it together!
Those are the moments as a mama I live for!