Monday, January 11, 2010

I'll Just tell you like I would tell my kids...

....when some people can't play nice it ruins the game for everyone. I really should be in bed because we had a really long (but wonderful) day at market, but instead I am awake trying to delete inappropriate comments left here by heartless spammers (I say heartless because if your children or mine were to read the disgusting things left by these people I would be absolutely heart broken), so I will have to leave the comment moderation on. I'm sorry, I know it makes it harder for us to communicate, but to protect this family friendly environment I have no choice. I am furious! Please forgive me if you had to read any ugly comments. I'm sorry, and I promise to do all I can to keep it from happening again.
xoxo,
Samantha

UPDATE:
I wanted to thank you all for understanding the comment moderation rant. Just to be clear (because a couple of sweet blog friends called to make sure I was OK), it wasn't a bad comment directed at me, it was some crazy person leaving filthy advertisements in my comment section. Very frustrating.

12 comments:

Leslie said...

I completely understand. I decided to put both my family and sewing blogs under moderation after getting some spam comments on the sewing blog. It's sad that we have to moderate comments, but also good that we *can*.

Rose and Ivy said...

That's terrible-- I would put comment moderation on too. It really makes you feel a bit vulnerable when people do things like this.

mimagirlcreations said...

How awful.! I can't believe people would be so rude as to do that. I am so sorry for you.

Handmade Housewife... said...

I had to put mine on too. I'm not getting as many inappropraite comments as before, but now they're leaving just symbols. It's sad I have to waste my time deleting these, and that others waste their time writing them.

Dawn said...

I just had a yucky, gross comment left on mine-it was in another language and I'm thankful the kids weren't around when it translated and pictures showed up. So far, that's all I have so I've left off comment moderation-sorry you have to put it back on again.

julia said...

It's sad that some people get their kicks out of being disgusting. They need our prayers. But, they also need to be off our sites.

KBriggs said...

It is totally understandable.
i have never received a rude comment but i have gotten message from other blogs i don't agree with(s*xual posts and all).
i have my moderation on as well.
and i am so sorry people out there have so much time in there hands to come to a such a nice blog like yours and try to mess around with it.
<3

KarenH said...

Samantha,

I'm sorry you are being hit with nasty comments. Some people have NO sence of decency.....

Carolyn said...

Makes you wonder who these people are that would do that. I'm sorry it happened. I just love reading your blog. Your life is so unusual to me and I just think you're the sweetest person who knows how to make a happy home for her family.

Renata said...

It must be a big time for them as I´ve had a few coming through on my blog as well - what a pain. Oh well comment moderation is there for a reason.
Hope you have a nice day.
Renata :)

Josette said...

I am sorry that happened, but it's best to have moderation than not.

Thank you for thinking of all of us! God bless.

Porcelaine said...

aww, what i shame. you've definitely made the right decision. it's not fair of them to do that. i think we all appreciate that you've taken the time to do this anyway :D