Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Today I'm...



....working on ideas for the bitty-tiny-patterns I want to make. Bitty tiny is what Maddie calls anything small so why not have bitty-tiny-patterns with a bitty-tiny-price? Who knows if they will ever really see the light of day, but it's fun either way. The little sketch book is just some recycled pattern sheets (all duds) that I have sewed together using a strip of fabric for the binding. I love for projects to have their own little books, it makes me happy. So do colored pencils. One of these days I'm going to suck it up and buy a set of these babies, I know they must be worth it because I'm constantly hearing good things about them, but that price! Wowza. Until I get those though, me and crayola will be chillin........nothin wrong with that.


9 comments:

KarenH said...

Samantha,

I love your little sketch book!

Pomona said...

Well, I have just cut out one of your bigger patterns, for the Miss Iris you so kindly sent. Such a lovely pattern, and I can't wait to see the finished result!

Pomona x

Brenda said...

Prisma colored pencils are the BEST!!! We used those for high school art, and they are so soft and smooth, and blend. Do you have stores like Michaels craft store with a weekly 40% off coupon? It makes it a way better price if you use a coupon. Cute book!

Goosegirl said...

Oh, I want to try them. I carry my crayola colored pencils in my purse all the time so I can sketch and doodle. I am not very good but I love it.

6blessings said...

Check out timberdoodle.com they have some on sale with a rebate that ends tomorrow-hurry! Also, you can get $5 off $10-$49.99 orders w/ code: instant5 and $10 off $50-$159.99 orders w/ code: instant10. These are some of the best prices I have ever seen!

Cindy said...

Samantha,

Prismacolors are the BEST!!! I used to pick up one or two pencils here and there until I created a nice little set. It wasn't too expensive all at one time that way. I love your recycled pad....you have the best ideas!!!

Vintage Rose said...

Dear Samantha,
Love reading your blog!
I purchased your pattern Miss Madeline, and it's amazing the lovely comments I get when my daughter wears the dress.
Happy belated birthday as well!
Take care & God bless
Melissa

pfarmwife said...

Girlfriend, you need to check them out on ebay. MUCH lower prices there. And, if you snipe the auction through auctionsniper.com, you can bid at the last minute without waiting around for the auction to close.

Love the little book idea!

Warmly,
Stacey

aarnette said...

I agree with Brenda, I bought my first set of Prisma pencils with a 50% off coupon from Joann's, and I have just purchased my 2nd set!! My kids love them as much as I do. Once you try them, you won't go back!

I just found your blog tonight.. enjoying it! Loving all the patterns and cute dresses!