Skip to main content

Cake and tattoos

I couldn't decide on the title of this post...should it be "cake and tattoos" or "things that make you feel good but probably aren't good for you"...what a quandary....



Today I made a straight-out-the-box strawberry cake. Probably not a good move. O.K. so most definitely not a good move, cause I may as well take that piece of cake and slap it right on my thigh because that's exactly where it's going. I wasn't going to cut it until tomorrow when I go to my sisters house but I decided I needed to taste it first and make sure it was good. Ahemmm...It was good...so good. Maybe even better because I didn't have to mess the kitchen up making it from scratch. Bad!

So here I am in heaven eating my strawberry cake when Maddie comes up wanting to "make a tattoo" on my leg with a pen....I thought about how good it would feel to have someone rub my leg while I ate my cake. I mean let's face it, how often does anyone offer to rub your legs? I know it's not technically "rubbing" but I'll take what I can get. So I told her sure she could make one little tattoo on my leg and that's all.....well she got to drawing and it felt so good that I didn't tell her to stop, and even offered her my other leg when she ran out of space...and in the end I thought about it....What did I gain from these few moments of pleasure? Fat thighs with cheap tattoos on them that will probably take days to wash off... Was it worth it? ...I think it was. Cake and a leg rub? Are you kidding? And to look on the bright side, there is more cake left and now there will be more room on my leg for tattoos. So there you have it. My "little-something-to-look-forward-to" for tomorrow. Oh the joys of mommyhood!

Comments

Renata said…
That cake sound yummy & what beautiful arwork (hope it comes off easily)! Sounds like a great way to spend a few minutes!
Jody said…
You are too funny! Thanks for the chuckle.
Rose and Ivy said…
That is so funny--- love the tattoos!!! Strawberry Cake--- yum!
Lauren said…
Sometimes you just need a straight up white flour, artificially flavored, unrefined sugar fix.
The Cains said…
Ok, my first thought was "That crazy girl blogs at midnight!" but now I see that you were on a sugar high! Samantha, I sure wish our circles over-lapped and that we could be great girlfriends! You're a hoot!
Brenda D. said…
I was looking up close at the "tatoo" picture to see the artwork, my three year old walked by and approved, now he probably has ideas of his own :) (He also commented, "Ooo those are pretty fingernails" I think he meant toe nails).
~cjoy said…
Awesome way to enjoy cake. I'm with ya! Oh, a little rubbing alcohol and you'll have tons of space for more tattoos...
Debbie said…
Oh, my Sam. This is just a hoot and sounds like soooo much fun. I think I'll make a plan like this for Monday.
One question...do you need to have your legs shaved first???
Feather Webb said…
I am so excited! This morning I went into my local fabric shop and they now carry your patterns!! You ate lunch with them at market! How amazing is that!!
Molly said…
Oh, you made me laugh out loud with this one! You crack me up. Glad you had some pampering for a bit. :)
Anonymous said…
I would totally take a tattoo/leg rub anytime!!

I have been know to make desserts right out of the box too!

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th