Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Consider this a lesson learned.....

He stood in the bottom drawer to turn on Veggie Tales for Maddie....

He came out of the wreckage with:

two scrapes on his back

a small bump on his head

a sore foot

and a very important lesson learned......an understanding of why children shouldn't climb on furniture.

Thank God for watching over my stubborn boy while he learned his lesson!! He must have sent angels to protect my baby! This is the only piece of furniture in the room that wasn't bolted to the wall (because we didn't have this dresser when we did that). It was so terrifying! Thank God he wasn't trapped....he must have fell to the side when the dresser started to tip over. I have a feeling this dresser will be fastened to the wall before dark tonight.

12 comments:

RachelQ said...

I am hoping and praying with you that he learned his lesson......I still liked the video..LOL

RachelQ said...

RYC--Thanks!! I really love this design!! It is so easy and perfect for my dd. The doll dress was a pain, but I used your method and that made it easier. I think next time I will make the seam allowances bigger and just trim them down

Anonymous said...

O MY GOODNESS!!! I had a foster child do that at age 9 - well past the age when he should've known better!! He was climbing up a bookshelf because he thought there might be candy in a forgotten Christmas decoration on the top shelf. He pulled a tv and stereo over on top of himself plus the bookcase. He was trapped underneath but thankfully unhurt. That child had a whole squadron of angels looking out for him and all of his antics!!! TV was broken so he couldn't watch cartoons for many months until we finally got a new one - but then we couldn't watch anything, either! He was allowed to watch cartoons for half an hour every night after dinner and his punishment - besides the loss of the tv - was that he had to sit in a corner every night for a week during his usual cartoon time! This bookcase was bolted to the wall but he pulled the anchor bolt out. Samantha - you are not the meanest mother in the world - *I* am!!!!
from Sparkle

Molly said...

Oh my, I'm hoping he really did learn his lesson (although your video was a riot and, NO, I don't think you were cruel to leave him there! Cracked me up how he used those blankets to climb out, tho!) I think our Caleb is going to be following in the footsteps of your Tim! He is a curious one with LOTS of energy and too much intelligence for his own good...dangerous combination! :) I'm thankful your little guy is ok.

Anonymous said...

That has happened at our house before too. I'm so thankful that your son is okay. Jody

est said...

thank God, he didn't hurt too badly. a very scary lesson indeed! :)

Anonymous said...

And I am so glad the girls weren't too close and caught under it, too! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! ~Stacey Jo

Danielle said...

praise the Lord for keeping your babies safe. it could've been so much worse.

kiddlebug said...

I learned the same lesson as a child! Not fun.

dailythread said...

Oh gosh! So scary! That happened to my oldest when he was about 18 months old. Until then I didn't know about furniture straps. Now I do, and evetything in the house (even in my own room) that could tip is strapped to the studs!!! I'm so glad he's OK.

Jaime said...

Wow, that is scary. Was there a tv on top too? Thank God everyone is okay.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so so so much for posting this! My 4 year old is convinced that she can climb on Daddy's dresser to turn on the TV in my room, and literally pulls out 3 drawers to make a ladder. I will be showing her those pictures as soon as she gets out of school. I'm glad that your son wasn't hurt, and glad that he'll *hopefully* help prevent my little girl from getting hurt as well.