Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What do you do?

What do yo do when something comes along out of the middle of nowhere and rocks your world? I guess we did what any other family would do. We covered all of the doors and windows with sheets and pretended it was a cold Winter day. We thought cold thoughts, which I am sure helps to bring down a high fever. LOL! We built a pretend fire in the wood burning stove (candles, they give it just the right glow). We ate homemade chicken and rice soup. And we watched "The Waltons", or as my kids say "the Walt- Walts", and Cinderella ABOUT A BILLION TIMES! We just snuggled up and waited out the storm. We spoiled Maddie rotten while she was sick (by the way I'm still paying for that lol! But I still recommend it). And we thanked God for moments like this.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam,

Glad to see Maddie doing better. Praying for you all.

Tracy P.

Grace said...

Praise God that Maddie is doing okay, as moms we all have to pray for our children's health and safety everyday. Bless your hearts.

Firefly Hill said...

So glad that little doll is feeling better...

annie

Oliver Rain said...

Sweet girl. I'm glad she's doing better. I'm sure the family time helped as much as any medicine.

Karen said...

I'm so glad she's on the mend.

Lady_MSnow said...

Sounds like a wonderful time for the family to be together and enjoy each other. I too enjoy the Waltons. :D

Miranda said...

What a wonderful enviroment for your sick babe.