Saturday, April 26, 2008

Country girl toes.

Someone told me once that I had "country girl toes". Well it never really made sense to me what that was until the other day. It just clicked.
This is how it happened:
I was cleaning up the living room just like I always do. First I picked up things that needed to go to the kids rooms and hucked (hucked- a redneck way of saying threw) them into the hallway. The hallway is their territory. Mama. don't. clean. the hallway... Then I cleared the junk off of the coffee table, and folded and put away the quilts. So far this is normal right. OK, maybe the 15 chickens chirping in the background is a little hickish (yes our new chicks are still camped out in the living room), but lets just look past that for now. Then I started picking up the things in the floor with my toes and passing them to my hands. I do this all the time, so the "click" hasn't happened yet. This is my system, I put dirty clothes on my shoulder and I keep the trash in my hands. If the object is neither trash or dirty clothes I pick it up -with my toes- and just toss it in the general direction that it goes. On this fateful day the object was Molly's shirt. I picked it up with my toes and give it a good back toss in the direction of the hallway which was behind me. The shirt flew over my head and landed on my face! It scared the poo out of me! I thought I was being attacked! *click* That's what it means! After all these years I finally get it. Country girl toes. Yep, I've got'em. When you can use your toes to help you clean house, and are even skilled at tossing and passing, just so that you don't have to bend your big behind over.....you've got'em. No question about it. It's just a little piece of redneck that was built right into my DNA. And that my friend is one more thing I have to be thankful for!
NOTE: I have added a category to my blog. Confessions of a hillbilly. Feel free to poke fun!

14 comments:

Sheila said...

OK Samantha, this picture you just painted for us is just what I needed to make me laugh today. NOW we know how you get so much accomplished. You not only have 2 hands, you have 2 feet that you use for things that most of us never even thought of! I wish your husband would secretly video you cleaning up so we could see you in action. xo

Coralee said...

this is Hilarious!! Thanks for sharing!

Candace said...

I do this too, especially when I am nursing a wee one. I have always used my toes, or bent over improperly from my waist...drives my husband crazy.

Hannah said...

So funny because I do the same thing and have long toes. Never have heard them referred to country toes though and our chicks have made the move outside to the big henhouse so there's no more chick chatter going on inside...

Katie said...

LOL! I do the same things with my toes! And they are loooooong. My husband calls them flamingo toes. Want to see how long they are?

http://flickr.com/photos/mydailythread/1076627719/in/set-72157600747114585/

wool food mama said...

lol! My Gusty Bleu just told me today that she can open and close things with her toes...like the silverware drawer. Now I can tell her that she has country girl toes. too funny.

Steve & Molly said...

Girl, you crack me up! I pick things up with my toes, too, but I think I would fall on my can if I tried to throw something up in the air like that! Too funny!

amy t sharp said...

OH man- my husband makes fun of me for this- now I have a name CGT!!! hahahahaha

Little Munchkins said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it!

I can pick up things with my toes too :) DH says I have agile toes.

Coming Along Nicely said...

Around here we call those finger-toes. They serve many functions. :)

Dianna said...

That story is so funny! I do the same thing here! :) Confessions of a Hillbilly eh??? I could write a novel. :P

DangitAnge said...

Not everyone picks up dirty laundry and assorted other things w/their toes?? Wow, I never knew! I thought EVERYONE used their toes for such things. Hmm... I think there's somethin' wrong w/them, not us.

(and on my blog a couple days ago, I discussed my daughter's redneck skills....)

Nifty Nickel said...

My husband found your blog through pinterest thanks to your wonderful three bed bunkbeds! We were laughing about this post. I have country girl toes and I use them regularly. LOVE IT!!

Nifty Nickel said...

I never knew there was a name for my little known talent!! My husband and I stumbled upon your blog by way of pinterest. You've been helping us enjoy a lazy day!!