Monday, September 17, 2007

My Latest Project

YAY! Another baby shower! I have the sweetest friend, Heather, who is due to have her first baby in three weeks. You know I have to make all my baby shower gifts! I have been teaching Heather to sew for a few months now and she is doing great. She has made this baby girl a few dresses, so I decided on a diaper bag. I have been wanting to do some patchwork lately, so this was the perfect time to get it out of my system. I appliqued a lil dress to the front to give it that diaper bag feel, and added some nice big pockets to the inside for diapers, wipes, and a cell phone. I'm sorry these pics are so terrible but there was no daylight.

9 comments:

dizzyjadey said...

Oooh, this bag is gorgeous....your friend will love it!

Cindy said...

CUTE!!! I love the dress applique. I'v heard there is a quilt similar that has heirloom dresses appliqued on it.....have you seen that??

Yummers! said...

I lost one comment... I'll try again. The bag is adorable! I love the little dress on the front of the bag. You're very talented!
Joni
PS I like the way you changed your Etsy ad on the right side. Looks good!

Molly said...

Adorable bag! Love the little dress appliqué!

Corgan's Mom and Dad said...

i love the diaper bag!!! too cute! i want to get a really cute one but i'm so picky. guess i'll just have to learn to sew and make a good one myself. :)

Beth said...

i want this bag!!! thanks for your comment! i am loving your stuff, ohhhh i just saw you have an etsy shop.....i might have to check that out!!! have a great week!!!

Katie said...

Oh goodness! Could that be any cuter!? That's adorable.

saraeden said...

Hi there i have only just found your blog so i wanted to say hello !!!
I love the baby bag you have made , its very pretty !!

Sara x

blessyourheart said...

HMMM, thinking this patchwork idea would be darling for a skirt. Whatcha think? Colorful and twirly, made add a dash of beaded fabric squares here and there. Thats it, I have talked myself into it and now dearest friend, I count on your kindness to show me how to do it.