Saturday, September 22, 2007

My First Class


I taught the first class this week on my book. I was a little nervous at first, but after meeting these women, everything was just fine! We had the best time! They said they expected an old lady to be teaching. LOL! I am going to teach another class for these girls in a month or so, on making booties. I hope all my classes will be this fun and easy. What a nice lookin bunch!
From left to right there is Barbra, Mary, "Lady", and Ann. Thanks so much girls for making my first class so much fun! I can't wait to do this again! This is the bootie pattern I'm sending you.
I want to say a big thank you to the gals at Elizabeth Annes in Hoover, they have taken me in and been so incredibly kind. This little heirloom sewing shop is wonderful! If you live in the area you should realy stop by, they offer a lot of classes, and the best heirloom fabrics and laces. Thanks again girls!
If you want to leave a comment but do not have a google account; click on comments, then annonymous, type a comment and your name at the bottom like a letter.

9 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so glad it went well! LOL that they expected a "little old lady!"

Molly said...

Aaaaaw (whining!), I wanna join! Do you do long distance correspondence courses?! :) Just kidding! I'm glad it was so much fun for all of you! Take care.

Molly said...

P.S. Are those your sewing machines in the background? If so, I am majorly jealous! :)

dizzyjadey said...

Well done! I second Molly, can you maybe do an internet correspondence class via webcam, he he he.

posiepatchwork said...

Hi Samantha, i'm here, just flat out, you know the deal with lots of children, schools, preschool, husband in the services not at your beck & call, but always in danger . . . i've missed so much. I just scanned through your previous blog posts, & now i'm off to check out Rae's blog. I feel it's my duty as a mother of twins. I finally updated my blog with a new post today, we're starting to pack for our move, i moved the studio into a larger space in the house, Drew is away, throw in book week costumes for 3 of the children . . . it's been busy. More later, love Posie

Yummers! said...

Congrats on your first class. The women really do look sweet. I think it's great you're actually teaching from your book... good for book sales!
Joni

Molly said...

Ha ha! I LOVED your idea about trading cooking/baking classes for you teaching me sewing/crochet! Maybe when we are in the States on furlough next year I can take you up on that offer...of course, distance may still be an issue then depending on what state you live in! Happy sewing! Praying for your sis and the twins!

blessyourheart said...

I knew that you could do it ! I am so proud you made it through the class and had fun ! I am sure your students had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am trying to locate Elizabeth Annes shop in Hoover. Is this Hoover the one located in the Birmingham, Al area?

Thanks,
btapley0099@charter.net