Skip to main content

Complete and total randomness...

Finally! A random post where I get to say whatever I want whether it ties into the subject of the post or not. I should have one of these once a week!

:: For the longest time I have wondered why I can reply to some of your comments by email and others I can't. Sometimes I will hunt down their email address on their blog or website and reply, but most of the time I can't do that. Then yesterday I commented on my own blog to answer a question (I couldn't reply to this persons comment/email either) and when I got the comment email I realised my account was set up the same way! People can't reply to my comments via email either! There are some sweet folks that have been stopping by connecting with me for so long that I feel like I know them, I like to be able to reply to them directly. So yesterday I set out to figure this out, and I did! It's too easy. If you would like other bloggers to be able to respond to your comments by email this is whatchado: Sign into blogger, go to your "dashboard", click on "Edit Profile", find the section that says "Show my email address" and click the box. Done and done.

:: I have a thing for temporary tattoos. The kids and I bought a set of like 50 pretty henna tattoos the other day at Michaels and they make me happy. Probably happier than they make my kids. Don't judge me. :)

:: I plan to have a new baby pattern out within the next couple of months! YAY! I miss work, but I wouldn't trade my place in life for all of the work time in the world. I love her so....

:: Claire should be the most rotten baby on the planet, but she's not! I have no idea how this is possible. She gets held for most of every day (there are plenty of willing arms), if she so much as looks like she may cry there are at least three people trying to fix whatever it is that could be upsetting her, The kids fuss over who is going to rock her to sleep for naps and bed time....and then when we have a day where we out and about, and she can't be held, and her naps happen in a car seat, and she is the most good natured little angel you have ever seen. I've always said that God gave me all good babies because of the bad pregnancies. I'm not kidding, I thank God everyday that she is such a sweet babe. Just perfect.


:: My kids are LOVING these window crayons right now (we got ours from Michaels). I'm going to let them decorate my livingroom window today. I haven't tried washing it off yet, but they say it's pretty easy, and if it can keep them occupied creatively it's worth the hassle. You know I really don't see myself taking it off anyhow unless they want to draw more. -I'm the mama that still has the "Molly" (written by a two year old Molly) on the wall in the bathroom because it was the first time she wrote her name. Yep, that's me.

:: For almost a year now I've been saying "Molly, I need a pot of coffee." and minutes later I smell coffee brewing....It rocks my face off. I feel like in a way I've arrived, which brings me to my next thought...

:: I'm ten years into this mothering gig and all I know now, that I didn't know in the beginning, is that I don't know a thing. If you would have asked me what I knew 8 years ago I would have filled you with more fluff than you can imagine! Ha! I knew all the rules, and the do's and dont's.....Now, my advice sounds more like "Hunny, if that's what you have to do to get sleep, do it!" or "Just do what feels right to you."

:: I say "Hun" and "Hunny" a lot. Is that a southern thing or do northerners do that too?


:: I cast on this little vest last night!!

It feels good to have that out. Now go change your google account hunny, so that I can talk back at ya! xo,Sam

Comments

Jean said…
Love your post! Out here in CA, calling people 'hun' at random is less common, but it certainly happens.
Goosegirl said…
Good morning Hunny!
I loved your randomness this morning. I think it is a wonderful blessing that your babies are so sweet and good. And I would have kept the "Molly" on the wall too! Don talks about refinishing our dining room table, to get all the paint, glitter, and pen off of it. I have threatened him with mayhem if he does it. I love the life that happens on that table and I want to keep the marks and scratches and glitter as a souvenir of childhood. It is fleeting.
Hugs to you today. You are a marvelous mother Hunny!
Sivje
Jenlyn said…
Terms of endearment are generally a Southern/Western thing. I've moved a ton and currently live in the north, when I get the urge to call some one Sweetheart or Honey it is usually followed by a sudden shift to my southern accent. I've heard other transplants to the north do the same thing.
andreak said…
Life is random and I am so glad you post about it. Have a great weekend!
Cindy said…
Sam...I always say you can't spoil babies! Only fruit spoils!!! Hold that baby all the time if you can...they are so worth it!!! We need to chat soon!!! Hugs!
Angelina Lynn said…
it's a southern thing. haha- the only time I've heard it is like in Bob Evans and there's this waitress with a REALLY strong southern accent:P:P

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmade Dress Infomercial: Do you suffer from scrached DVD's?

Do your children cry when they can't watch their favorite movie because of irritating scratches? Are you sick of paying good money for movies that are scratched minutes after you take them from the case? Do you often wish that we could just go back to VHS because you could leave them out in the rain, bring them in and use them for a coaster, and then let the baby throw it for fun and it would STILL WORK!? ME TOO ! . We have struggled for years with scratched movies that were no longer watchable, but not anymore! We have finally found the secret formula to rid you of this nasty little problem forever! . Crest Kids Toothpaste! YES, that's what I said! Kids toothpaste! . A few months back I heard some place that toothpaste would take of scratches and I tried it and it didn't work, then the other day out of pure desperation I tried it my way. IT WORKED! So I decided this kind of news could not be kept secret, I have to tell the world! So I

New triple bunks.

Ben designed new bunk beds for the "girl's dorm" and "boy's dorm" in our house. We LOVE them!! We are almost done with all of the work, just a few loose ends left to tie up, but I couldn't wait to show off his handy-work. This is the girl set. We stained them with colored stain and we really like how that turned out. It's almost the color of cranberries. I still need to paint the boards that are attached to the wall. I'm going to paint them the color of the wall so that it looks like the beds are floating. :)  This is the boy set while still under construction. We ordered new bunk mattresses, but they haven't come in yet. I will show you guys pictures when they are completely finished. We stained these green, it looks like the color of bamboo. The kids LOVE these beds! And oh the space we have now! I'll be back soon with finished pictures! xo, Sam If any of you make beds using these plans could you send us a picture? We

A Wee Newborn Fairy Bonnet Pattern

I wanted to make something to go with the cardigan I made for my coming niece, so I decided on a wee fairy bonnet. I didn't find a pattern online and what I had in mind was simple enough, so I knit this one up and jotted down the pattern to share. ( matching cardigan ) So here is what you will need to get started.... Worsted weight yarn Size 9 knitting needles Size H crochet hook Finished measurements before seaming is 12" x 5 1/2". Cast on 52 sts Row 1-4: k every st Row 5: k4, P to last 4 sts, k4 Row 6: k3, yo, k2tog, k to last 5 sts, k2tog, yo, k3 (This will make a little buttonhole for the strap to thread through later, see picture above.) Row 7: k4, p to last 4 sts, k4 Row 8: k every st Repeat until piece measures 5 1/2", BO leaving a 12" thread tail. Fold piece in half, with right sides facing, and seam up the back using the thread tail. Making the Ties: You will follow th