Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Little Testimony

In life when I stumble across something negative or ugly that was said about me or my family behind my back, I normally immediately text, call or message the person and offer encouragement or help with whatever they are busy with. I pray that my children learn to do the same. So much that is wrong with this world is because people are so eagerly offended! What someone says about me can't change my heart, the way Ben or my children see me, or my relationship with God, really it says more about them and their heart than it does mine, so my best bet is to show love and kindness. Over the years the task has become increasingly easier! Today I came across something and felt excited! I'll get to encourage them today! If you purpose in your heart to truly show the love of Christ the trajectory of your life changes, it seems small at first but years down the road you will find that something that should feel offensive will actually make you feel excited for a chance to minister to someone and nurture a meaningful relationship. What a blessing?! What a beautiful blessing to be called to love as Christ does!! Nothing shows satan who is boss quite like turning something that was meant for evil into something good! I pray that this encourages someone!

 

 

8 comments:

Bobi Jensen said...

This is the most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time.

Thank you. It did my heart good.

Jeannie B. said...

I love the thought of turning something meant for evil into something good.. Boy, that can only come from God!

Anonymous said...

Definitely encouraged me. Changed my heart for the better - I haven't thought of that before.

Kristin Hankins said...

This perspective and advice will be valuable! I definitely have to work on my reaction - usually towards my husband.

Renata said...

I love this! What a great idea. I tend to get easily hurt. I love the idea of turning into a blessing for the person.

Ashley said...

Very encouraged and inspired by this. Thank you so much for sharing!

Kimmie said...

Just the right word for my heart. I will hold them, chew on them and ask God to give me strength to actually be able to do them.

I don't want to be offended, but want to continue to love. (God told me to love until it hurts, and then i would have it right.) Seems that I must have it very right just about now.

thank you for the message! Read it, got it, and hopefully I am courageous enough to just do it.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

joyfuljoyful said...

This encouraged ME! Wow! Thank you so much!!