Friday, August 31, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
I made this for one of the twins, I will finish the other one on the way to the BEACH this weekend. I love the way this turned out! I bought the pattern from here - http://www.rosylittlethings.com/ I love the rounded yoke, and the silk satin ribbon, and the soft cotton yarn mmmmmm.......... I can't wait to see a baby in it, and I can't wait to be an aunt! I am gunna be the favorite aunt! Aunt Manta, that is Samantha in baby talk, lol.
This is the Japanese Inspired Ballet Bootie. Hope yall like it! By the way, this is a doll foot. It doesn't look as good on a doll foot, but until I have another baby it'll have to do. Let me know what you think! I will have another shop update ready by Sep. 1st, there will be the Toddler Bootie pattern and a collection of my crochet edgings.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
I have been on this kick for a couple of days, all I can think about is pillows. Pretty, vintage , heirloom, retro, floral pillows all over! Last night I finally broke and started making pillows, this is the result. I found an old piece of fabric, with embroidery on it, at the thrift store a couple of years ago. I backed it with the red fabric and made a little pillow. I made forms out of interfacing and put snaps on the back of all the pillows, so they are washable! Yes! Molly had to have a couple too. She is ready for a big girl room, I'm sure you will see pics of that in the next couple of weeks. Oh and I forgot to tell everyone that MOLLY LOST HER TOOTH! See it's the bottom one. Molly is on the right. This is Molly's friend Emily.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
My sweet Rae. Isn't she lovely! She got so many gifts that she had to open some when it was over! This is what happens when you hold a baby around here. I was laughing at how I drew the little girls in! If you hold the baby they will come. Haha! My precious lil angels.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Well the tea is over and it went very well. Not so bad for my first one, if I do say so myself. Haha! Rae is all settled in at the hospital now, and the babies are well. I set her up a blog today! She would love to hear from you guys that have been asking about her and praying for her. Stop by and give her a little encouragement, especially you girls with twins! This is a pic of Rae when she was 17, we were playing around in a dressing room and Rae put on one of the bellies. Hehe! At that time we never imagined she would ever really look like this!
Friday, August 10, 2007
The baby tea is Sunday for my sister,Rae's, twin girls, Iris and Lily. This is what I've been up to. I have enjoyed sewing for these lil angels! I made two church dresses in 3mo out of dotted swiss batiste; crochet to entredeux around neck, sleeve, and hem; the embroidery has the initials out of bullion roses and bullion stems; and did I mention the pintucks. I made two pair of crochet Mary Janes with different edgings( just like the dresses) Iris has a picot edge and Lily has a scallop edge. I also made the girls each a pintucked batiste blanket with crochet to entredeux edges. Rae loved Maddie's milkmaid dress so I made her TWO! I will have better pics of everything after the tea, sorry but I have no light!
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
I just think I'm HOT SNOT! I have got the Rocking Girl Blogger Award!!!
Now I get to nominate five of my favorite blogs!
1) Kuky Ideas Cause she is one of the first people I met here in blog world and she is sooo funny!
2)Posie Patchwork "The blog" Cause she has very good advice on doing markets and she sews beautifully.
3) Honey Bunch Quilting Cause she has some of the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen!
4)The Cake Parlor Oooh My! I could eat this blog! It is full of gorgeous treats and cakes!
5) The Stilwell Family Molly is a wonderful person! She and her family are missionaries in Peru, I so admire her work!
Monday, August 6, 2007
Last night as soon as I heard it, I got out of bed, and wrote it down word for word.
Sunday, August 5, 2007
I found this pic today. There are several reasons why I love it. I love that pacifier that Molly has in her mouth, it has built on teeth. hehe! She also has a patch on her eye because she had scratched it. I love to see pics of Tim as a baby, because I barely remember it. Tim was sick until he was 6 mo with pneumonia, RSV, ear infections, and asthma. We found out Molly had a blood disease 6 days before Tim got here (she is now in full remission) so she was sick too. I was so busy that I do not remember a lot about him being a baby. Molly had to be tested every week and was on treatments, and we were at the doctor just as much with Tim. This pic makes me grateful for my perfect angels. I love that lamp behind my head, Ben's grandmother gave it to me. I love that purse, it is one of my favorites. Off to the right you can see into my bedroom, on the right is the couch in front of my bed, and to the left is my cradle. I love to see that cradle! My grandfather made it for me when I was pregnant with Molly. We use it for the first 6-8 mo that we have a new baby, then back to the attic it goes. I wish that cradle was in my room again right now. Hope you all had a good weekend. I will have pics of the finished twin dresses soon. CLICK PIC TO ENLARGE
EDIT: I have come back to this post a day later and decided to add this, it's my favorite pic of my mom. I think the only reason this woman was put on this earth was to be a Nana!This is the day Madeline was born and she was holding Tim, he had just woke from a nap and she was telling him the news. I love this one! Doesn't she look pretty.
Friday, August 3, 2007
Almost done! I've got to finish the crochet lace on the sleeves, then start on the other one. Have I told you that the names are Iris and Lily? Kim do you like this as the centerpieces? I wrapped the stand in ribbon and made that bow today. What do you think? I will post a pic when I am done with them both. It looks a little sloppy right now, threads are not even cut! Sorry.
Thursday, August 2, 2007
2) I have to wear a Brethine pump and take progesterone injections when I am pregnant to keep me from going in early labor. The pump goes in my leg and pumps a continuous stream of medicine into my body. I have never been full term, I have always delivered at least a month early, Molly (6lbs 11 oz) was 5 wks early, Tim (7lbs 12 oz) and Madeline (7lbs 6oz) were 4 wks early. Tim is the only one that had to stay in the NICU. I want at least a few more children and I wish they would come on now! I'm tired of waiting!
2) I Was a nurse at Childrens Hospital before I had Molly. I loved it! When my kids are all grown I want to go back as a lactation nurse, something I already have about 4 years experience in!
3) I visit an Amish community often (about three hours away), and have become friends with a few of the men and women there. I receive mail from them sometimes. It's crazy how excited I am when I get a letter from an Amish man, telling me a home remedy for poison oak! I'm insane. I know!
4) My kids and I watch The Waltons. Yes, I admit it! We have every season on DVD. There is something strangely satisfying about doing embroidery or crochet while I watch The Waltons. My kids love it so much that sometimes we "pretend its raining" and "snickle up" (snuggle up) on the couch and watch "The Walt-Walts". I am telling the truth. I am a nerd and don't care! Hehe.
5) I have a pic of Ben and I, at our kindergarten graduation, sitting together eating. We grew up together in church and our moms were friends. We never dated, though we always secretly liked each other, until 6wks before we got engaged, then 11mo later, we were married. This pic is when Molly was a baby. Being the oldest of twelve kids, he is a very involved daddy! This man is hysterical! We are constantly laughing. He's perfect, and I still like him! hehe.
6) Before I had my gallbladder out (september "06"), I had these weird reactions every day or two, where I would break out in hives or my lips would swell, for no apparent reason! And when I say swell I mean SWELL ! Turned out I was allergic to myself, not really, but I was allergic to my rotting gallbladder! They said it was something to do with red heads, see there is a price to pay for having hair you don't have to color! So, because I have no shame, I'm gunna show you a pic. Keep in mind, this is one and a half hours after taking a double dose of Benadryl. An hour after taking this pic I ended up in the hospital (it moved to my throat), but it's still funny! Go ahead hunny, you can laugh, don't be shy! Oh, there are my french doors behind me! Yay you get to see the french doors (over my shoulder to the right)! Eat your heart out Angelina Jolie. Hehe! Now you see why Ben and I are always laughing! Plenty to laugh at!
Are you still laughing? OK. Shu-up! Joe, Aunt Wendy, and Nanny, for real..... shu-up now! Kim you too! Hehe.
7) I gave my kids the Chicken pox last summer. Yes, we had an old fashioned chicken pox party and we got'em over with. My kids loved the chicken pox, and to this day Molly still tells she wishes she could have them again. The kids all had a good enough case that there are no worries of getting them again; but not a bad case, so they had fun taking lots of oatmeal baths and counting spots! Hehe! Oh, and Nana and Papa brought "prizes". So here is the pox pic. Molly was pretty healed up, Tim was mid way, and Maddie was breaking out.
OK. It's late I've got to get to bed. Hope you enjoy my crazy randomness!
Oh and one more thing!
8) My Nanny and Great uncle Bubba read my blog. Yes, uncle Bubba. Shu-up! We live in Alabama OK!
One more just for laughs!